3.18.2012

when you take a cali girl out of cali

well folks, this is it.

the big news.

we officially accepted the offer at


Loomis Chaffee Boarding School 
in Windsor, Connecticut

never thought i would never go back home. i mean, california people!  duck dong is taking me FURTHER away from the warm weather!
just look at my cute, naive face.. i had no idea what was about to happen in just a few years. i was just living the life in hawaii.

but, that's how it rolls.
Just proud of Long for working so hard and accepting an offer that includes free housing and food

best part of it all
we are only 2 hours away from Boston [the Nguyen family]
2 hours away from NYC
there are more interracial couples on the east coast to bond with


and oh yes,
they offered me a part time teaching position.

from an alternative high school to a boarding school
i don't think i'll be having to poke my kids to wake up in class anymore

so long Utah. forever goodbye California :( and Welcome to the frost bitten winters on the East Coast
ahhh! seriously! i'm going to diiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Long will be graduating April 19th/20th
and then it will be Dr. Nguyen

wish us luck! and we will miss our utah family.
and i will miss my lovely friends in cali :( but summer vacations will totes be in cali living like a beach bum

i'll try my best not to come back a east coast snob

but pretty please come visit us! our home is always open. and everyone should know that by now.


8 comments:

  1. CUTE! Big fan of the bowtie. And I will be in denial that you are moving until the day it happens. And then I will cry like a large baby. And when you have your multiracial babies.. I AM SO THERE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss you guys sooooo much. So much. But I am so happy for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOO glad you have this blog so you can keep everyone updated :) Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!!!!!!!!! It's finally happening!! You always seem to have multiple things happening at once. Dr. Nguyen, Teacher extraordinaire, You another Teacher extraordinaire,
    Connecticut, a beautiful place to raise a fam bam and a very prestigeous school that your kids can attend!! Maybe they will attend YALE as well!!! IVY LEAGUE BABIES!!! I will def come
    as often as I am able, although I will be serving a mission for two years, but they say, I can leave anytime I want for as long as I want. SO that will be super great! I love my daughter
    and husband sooooo much and sooooo proud! I coming soon. Tested out our air bed and it's fine. See you sooon!!! LOVE to you both!! BTW is Long's mom so happy to have her favorite
    son back to BOSTON???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! East Coast will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lillie, I've been thinking about you and I'm so excited for you and Long! What a budge blessing, the good Lord is blessing the both of you for all your hard work! I'm so jealous I love the east coast...well I love the pictures, lil ive never been there. But I hope that we get to come and see you sooner than later. Will you be close to Trims? I think it will be so nice to be closer to family, perfect for Sunday dinners. Have a blast and contests!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just incase, since I didn't put my first name, its me Rachel Fifer. Love u!

    ReplyDelete